Thursday, December 1, 2011

Seasoning Pampered Chef Stoneware

I own a Pampered Chef 'fluted' cake pan and it has gone unused for more than 8 years.  I really wanted to use it  but I knew that I really needed to season it well so that my cake would easily come out of the pan.  I googled it and found a great 'seasoning recipe' for this cookware and it really works.  I was able to season my cookware one night and bake in it the very next.  Check my blog tomorrow for the recipe.
  • Clean and dry your stoneware.
  • Mix together 2 parts Crisco and 1 part salt
  • Generously apply to total surface.
  • Place in a 250F oven and bake for 30 minutes
  • Let cool and smear the melted mixture over the stoneware surface again
  • Return to oven and bake another 30 minutes.
  • Let cool; smear the melted mixture over the stoneware surface again,  to oven and let sit in oven overnight.
  • Next day, wash stoneware with dish brush under hot running water.  Dry and your stoneware is seasoned and ready to use.  
I own several pieces of Pampered Chef stoneware so I mixed together the amount specified in the recipe I found (1/4 cup salt, 1/2 cup Crisco).

    No comments: