- Clean and dry your stoneware.
- Mix together 2 parts Crisco and 1 part salt
- Generously apply to total surface.
- Place in a 250F oven and bake for 30 minutes
- Let cool and smear the melted mixture over the stoneware surface again
- Return to oven and bake another 30 minutes.
- Let cool; smear the melted mixture over the stoneware surface again, to oven and let sit in oven overnight.
- Next day, wash stoneware with dish brush under hot running water. Dry and your stoneware is seasoned and ready to use.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Seasoning Pampered Chef Stoneware
I own a Pampered Chef 'fluted' cake pan and it has gone unused for more than 8 years. I really wanted to use it but I knew that I really needed to season it well so that my cake would easily come out of the pan. I googled it and found a great 'seasoning recipe' for this cookware and it really works. I was able to season my cookware one night and bake in it the very next. Check my blog tomorrow for the recipe.