Friday, March 23, 2012

Christmas Joy

My March cards for the SCS Christmas Card Challenge. I have had this Stampin' Up! Illuminations stamp set since forever but never used it. I had to have it... like so many other stamp sets that I have sitting on my shelf... un-inked... retired... ignored for other stamp sets that I tend to use over and over. I decided to give it a try for this month's Christmas Card challenge. Sometimes I find that stamp sets that I just had to have are duds... They look really neat in the SU! catalog, but, once I get them and ink them up, I don't like them. For this card I used SU! Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip card stock and Holiday Treasures DSP. Very Vanilla Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Chocolate Chip Panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" The Two Old Olive DSP Panels: 5 1/8" high x 1 7/8" wide (each one) Chocolate Chip DSP Panel: 4 3/4" high x 3 1/4" wide DSP Strip: 4 1/4" long x 3/4" high 6 Red Brads I colored the image with Old Olive and Real Red Stampin' Write markers (SU!) Challenges: Friday's 'Free 4 All': F4A109 Three or More Thursday's Way to Use it': WT367 - Rub-Ons Wednesday's Sketch Challenge: Sketch Challenge 377 Monthly Christmas Card Challenge: CCC12 March

No comments: