Sunday, September 15, 2013

So Grateful

Here is my third submission for the September 2013 Creative Crew Gallery - Holiday Focus: 911 Remembrance. It's not a holiday, but it's a day that has been imprinted on our minds.  Make a project with the Big Shot that allows you to remember a day from your past. If you wish to share the significance of this day, we'd love to read about it.

So Grateful:  9/11 will forever be a part of my memory.  I was in my office that morning when one of the ladies ran in crying uncontrollably.  She had been listening to the radio at her desk when the news broke.  I had a small TV in my office and we all gathered around and cried together as we watched in disbelief as the events unfolded.  We worked for the Court system and it was rumored that there would be an attack on Atlanta.  The Chief Judge of our Court issued an Order to close down so that we could go home and be with family.  I remember this day as both a tragic day but also as a day that brought us together as a Nation.  As Lee Greenwood sings in his song, “I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free...”  I am so grateful and appreciative of the freedom we enjoy.

Supplies:
DSP: Eastern Elegance,
Card Stock: Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Inks:  Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate
Embossing Folders: Square Lattice, Lacy Brocade
Framelits Labels Collection, Big Shot Machine
Stamp Sets: Flower Shop, Apothecary Art
Stamp-a-ma-jig, Neutrals Brads, and Half-Back Mini Pearls
Simply Scored Scoring Tool & Stylus, Bone Folder

No comments: