Thursday, June 30, 2011

Christmas Doors

I made these "Christmas Door" cards for the SCS Christmas Card Challenge and the WT329 "Ways to Use It" Challenge. I am behind on my Christmas cards so this batch catches me up through April.

The "Ways to Use It" challenge was to use something 'old' (something from my stash I've had 6 months or longer) and something 'new' (something from my stash I've had less than 6 months). My 'old': dies I used to add embellishments to the corners of my cards. The 'new': half-back pearls I used as door knobs rather than brads. I saw these brown half-back pearls while browsing through our local Hobby Lobby and purchased them because they were different (to me).

Base Card: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"

Panels - Cut 4 of each
Panel #1: 2 1/4" x 1 1/2"
Panel #2: 2" x 1 1/4"
Panel #3: 1 1/2" x 3/4"

Sponge all panels.

Score the 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" cardstock at 4 1/4" to create the card base.
Line up and adhere Panels #1 to the front of the base card.

Score Panels #2 and Panels #3 around the perimeter (optional). I used my Martha Stewart scoreboard and scored at 1/8" around the panels.

Add pop-up dots to Panels #2 and center on top of panels #1.

Center Panels #3 on top of Panels #2.

Add a brad to the right of the door panels as your door knob.

Add any other decorations as desired.

2 comments:

Collette said...

Wonderful job - only thing missing is a close up of one of the doors. They're beautiful. Thanks so much for the tutorial!

Lisa Foster said...

These are absolutely gorgeous and a genius idea! Love them!
Hugs,
Lisa