Monday, July 11, 2011

HOPE

I love when things line up. My Pastor's message this morning was on 'Hope'... Our hope in God. God has given us a living hope (1 John 1:3)... this hope gives us patience (Romans 8:24-26)... God's love is the grounds (foundation) of that hope. SCS New Technique Challenge is 'Reverse Masking'. I pulled out my "Strength & Hope" stamp set this morning before going to church and started working on this card. On the way home from church it dawned on me that my Pastor's message and the card I was working on lined up.

After seeing the technique challenge I knew I had to complete this card tonight.
I used one of my spellbinder rectangle dies to create the mask for the base card and used one of the smaller rectangles to create the popped-up image. I couldn't make up my mind whether to distress the perimeter of the card or not so I made two... one with and one without. Then I decided to make a third one and added a butterfly.

All three stamp images are from the "Strength & Hope" stamp set from Stampin' Up!. Ink: Crumb Cake & Soft Suede. Card Stock: Very Vanilla. Ribbon: Soft Suede (Retired, SU!).

No comments: