Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Peaceful Place Sympathy Cards

Sympathy cards are one of life’s necessities.  I really should make a bunch and have them ready when the need arises but I prefer making cards of celebration.  This card is for one of the members of our church.  His nephew’s wife passed away suddenly a few days ago and hubby and I are hoping this card will cheer him up by letting him know we are thinking of and praying for him.

This just in ... I’m going to have to make another sympathy card.  The Drummer for the choir that I direct at our local senior center passed away and I need to send our condolences to his family.  When it rains, it pours.

Stamps:  Peaceful Place (Image); Flowing Fountain (Sentiment)
Inks:  Old Olive, Marina Mist, Pool Party, Soft Suede; Crumb Cake
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Marina Mist
Technique:  Sponging
For: Jessie (death of niece); Dave (LWSC Choir Drummer)

Inside sentiment is not from Stampin’ Up!  It’s a sentiment stamp that I purchased from Hobby Lobby years ago and I love the message that it conveys.


I added the bow on the left side because it looked like it needed something else.  I didn’t want to add ribbons, buttons, rhinestones, or gems because I wanted it to have more of a non-gender appearance since this card is for a guy.

1 comment:

Oliva Ohlson said...

A very beautiful card. I know he will appreciate your thoughtfulness. I can't wait to get back to stamping soon. Hugs!