Thursday, March 12, 2009

For Barbara




I am a member of and teach a class at the local Senior Citizens' Center and have gotten to know a lot of the wonderful members at this Center. One person near and dear to my heart is our bus driver, Barbara. Barbara lost her brother last month and has sent cards to the many members who sent flowers and well-wishes. She wanted to recognize all of the members at the Center who embraced her with their love and support so she asked me to make her a 'big ole thank-you card' to leave up at the front desk for all to view. It took me a few tries before I finally came up with this one because I'm so use to making A2-sized cards that 'big ole cards' are out of my comfort zone. After making this one, I wish I had made two rather than one.

I didn't want the card to be depressing so I decided to go with something sunny... the 'More Mustard' family. It's an accordion-style card with the inside sentiment typed on my computer and printed out on Very Vanilla card stock, then cut out with one of my Nesties. Below are more details. If you have questions, please leave a comment.

Card Base: Chocolate Chip card stock (2) cut to 8-1/2" x 6-1/4"
Accordion Spine: More Mustard card stock cut to 8-1/2" x 3", score at 1", 1-1/2", 2"
Inside Page Card Base: 8-3/8" x 6"
Stamp Sets: Heard from the Heard; Thoughts and Prayers
Ribbons: Chocolate Chip; More Mustard
Inks: Timber Brown StazOn; Apricot Appeal; Summer Sun; Kiwi Kiss

1 comment:

Diana said...

Hi Beverly,
I wanted to check out your blog after you asked about personalizing the background. There are a couple websites that offer free backgrounds and they are really easy to apply. The most common site I see (and the one I get my backgrounds from) is http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com If you click on the left side "free backgrounds" you can just pick one they have made and there are TONS of choices! If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help more!