Wednesday, January 13, 2016

On the Fringe

I am so glad to have time to play along with this very first Color Tree Challenge.  I thought it would be easy-peasy until I sat down in my craft room getting ready to craft ... My mind went blank.  I was in need of inspiration to start this project and found it on page 5 of the current Stampin' Up! Catalog.

The base of my card is 'Early Espresso' topped with a layer of 'Very Vanilla'.  I used my Stampin' Up! Fringe Scissors to fringe the So Saffron, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, and Perfect Plum layers.  The image panel is 'So Saffron' embossed with the Stampin' Up! Butterfly Textured Embossing Folder.  I stamped the flowers using the 'Remarkable You' stamp set onto 'Very Vanilla' card stock and fussy-cut them out and popped them up using 'Dimensionals'.  I colored the stamens in the flowers with 'Early Espresso' ink. I stamped the butterfly from the 'Butterfly Basics' stamp set onto 'So Saffron' card stock using 'Perfect Plum' ink.  The 'Venetian Crochet Trim' is topped by a bow made with 'Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon'. 

Here is an image of The Color Tree listing the colors for this challenge (Perfect Plum, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, and Early Espresso).  So glad Perfect Plum was on the list because I was not aware of how low my supply was ... adding it to my next Stampin' Up! order.

I would love to add The Color Tree Badge to my blog but, for some reason, the link does not appear when I click the badge.  Nevertheless, I am looking forward to more of these challenges in the future.

1 comment:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Hi Gloria. Thanks so much for joining in with the first challenge at The Colour Tree. I love all the texture you have created on your gorgeous card with the layers of fringes and background embossing.