Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Trophy

I was a member of a small church when I was growing up which consisted mainly of family; my Uncle (my father's brother) was the Pastor and the choir consisted of my sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews and me. After growing up, moving away, getting married, and having children, DH and I settled into another small church in our area. Over the years the congregation grew so large, our Pastor had to split the services into two, then three different services. DH and I really enjoy small churches so he joined another small church in our area; I also joined this church two years ago.

Today was such a special day for me. Our old church has outgrown the building they were in and will begin having service in a newly erected building next Sunday. What was so great about today was that I was invited back for this morning's service and given recognition for service I performed with the choir during my membership there. The picture above is of what was presented to me during the 7:30 a.m. worship service and I will treasure it always. It's not a great picture... I've not mastered taking snapshots of glass. What a great way to start my day. Now I must get started on a 'Thank You' card.

No comments: