Saturday, July 13, 2013

NOEL ... Christmas in July


Lately I've been making a lot of Christmas cards and I am really getting in the mood to start my Christmas shopping. I've already started making a list of things to purchase (and make) for friends and family.   The CC434 Challenge falls right in line with my train of thought... Christmas in July. My card for this challenge is pretty simple... no sketch... I just free-formed it. 


Card Stock & Inks:  Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Gumball Green
Embossing Folder: Petals-a-Plenty
Stamps: Seasonal Sayings, Ornament Keepsakes (stamped on letters and corner of card
Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine (untwisted Whisper White from Cherry Cobbler before tying to letters)

I used my Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green Stampin' Write markers on the sentiment stamp and added it to the bottom left-hand corner of the Crumb Cake panel, then ran it through the Big Shot machine using the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.

For a 'Chipboard' effect of the letters, I cut each color of card stock to 2 1/2" x 1 1/2" (5 layers for each letter), stacked and glued them together, brayered over them to remove any air bubbles, then let them dry. I ran my heat gun over them a few seconds to make sure they were completely dry before running the stacks through the Big Shot machine with the die.

I used one of the ornament stamps from the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set to add interest to each letter.  I stamped each color of ink on the same color of letter (tone-on-tone).  The corner treatment is from one of the ornaments in the same stamp set.  I stamped it on Crumb Cake card stock in Cherry Cobbler, used one of the Ornament Keepsakes Framelets  to cut out the ornament, them used the corner punch to turn it into my corner treatment.

No comments: