Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Friendship


I have several views to share with you in this post.  I made this Stationery Box to give to my sister for her birthday next month and I will include two each of the following: Thank You, Get Well, Birthday and Sympathy.




Since this is a card and a project, I ended up using a lot of my stamps, some retired but all Stampin' Up!.  The main image on my card is one of the new stamps from the 2015 Occasions Catalogue, Butterfly Basics.  I love butterflies so I stamped one of the butterflies in VersaMark ink on Vellum, heat embossed using white embossing powder, colored the back of the butterfly with Blackberry Bliss ink, then attached it to the image panel.  I forgot to snap a picture of the inside of my card.  The inside sentiment is from a retired SU stamp set, Friend to Friend.



The tutorial for the Stationery Box can be found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/stationerybox/.  I made a few changes... I made a small notepad rather than the pocket for the stamps.  I will still add stamps in one of the pockets I created in front of the card holder.  



I was inspired by Brandy to use a layout she used on one of her cards (http://brandyscards.com/). I didn't have the stamp set she used for her background so I substituted the Hardwood background stamp and it worked just fine.  I just received by Bow-Builder Punch so I had to try it out.  Worked perfectly to complete the outside panel for the stationery box.



Stamps: Lotus Blossom, Butterfly Basics, Papillon Potpourri, Notably Ornate, The Nicest Things, Rue Des Fleurs, Hardwood, Perfect Blend

Card stock: Blackberry Bliss, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Vellum

Inks: Blackberry Bliss, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz

Bow Builder Punch, Oval Punch, Little Letters Thinlits, Basic Jewels

No comments: