Friday, January 3, 2020

Birthday Card for Hubby

Birthday wishes today to my husband of 50+ years.  We will celebrate 51 years in March. He wanted a home-cooked meal of Steak, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Green Peas, Rolls and Sweet Tea.  I also baked a Baker’s German Sweet Chocolate Cake for dessert.

I used the four egg-whites left after making the Coconut-Pecan Frosting to bake a Heavenly White Cake. Hubby requested Pineapple Frosting.

 To make his birthday card, I searched Pinterest for masculine card ideas.  I really liked cards made by Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Amanda Bates, so I pretty much CASE’d one of the chards she made.  I did make a few changes along the way.  one of the major changes I made was adding a Pool Party card base of 11 x 5 1/2.  The sentiment on the front of the card is from “A Good Man”.  The images are from “Waterfront” and “High Tide”
I used “A Good Man” and ”Stitched All Around” stamp sets for the inside of the card.  I encouraged him to do absolutely NOTHING on this day because it was his birthday and his first birthday of the new 2020 decade.

All products are from Stampin’ Up!
Card stock used:  Pool Party and Shimmery White
Inks: Pool Party, Soft Sky, So Saffron, Tranquil Tide, Wisteria Wonder

No comments: