Sunday, September 1, 2013

Memories

I have been selected to be one of the guest members of the Stampin' Up! Creative Crew Design Team on the Splitcoaststampers Website (big ole smile on my face because this is such an honor for me ... my Creative Crew Badge is on the right). This is my exciting news that I referred to in my post on July 29th.

This "Memories" box is my submission for our first assignment:

DSP/Color Focus: Our journey of self improvement begins with Eastern Elegance designer papers or the colors crushed curry, coastal cabana, smoky slate and whisper white.  Make a project using these colors for someone you admire. Tell us why this person is significant to you.

This memory box is for my mother, my go-to person ... my encyclopedia of knowledge these past few years as I traced our family lineage.  Most of the information I needed was not available on the ancestry.com website but my mother’s memory of family history filled in the gaps for me.  She turned 93 this past March and she is one of the strongest women I know.  She still cooks huge family meals for holidays and, during inclement weather, she calls each of her children (there are 10 of us) and many of her grands to make sure we are safely tucked in from the storm.


I have not placed photos in her memory box yet but there will be plenty of room to add photos of each of her children.  The pockets give additional space to add photos of her grands, great grands, and great-great grands.  I added a butterfly in the center of the box to represent my mother as being the nucleus of our family and to exemplify her strength because she became stronger as a result of the many trials and struggles she endured over the years.

Supplies:
DSP: Eastern Elegance
Card Stock: Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Inks:  Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate
Embossing Folders: Square Lattice, Lacy Brocade,
3/4” Circle Punch, Framelits Labels Collection, Gift Bow Bigz L Die, Bigz Butterfly Die, Papillon Potpourri Punch, Big Shot Machine
Stamp Sets: My Friend, Beautifully Baroque, Label of Love, Too Kind, Blooming with Kindness
Simply Scored Scoring Tool & Stylus, Bone Folder

No comments: