Monday, July 19, 2010

SU! Convention - Day 1 (Monday)

Day 1 of the SU! Convention... Not really. DH and I arrived early so that we could take in some of the sights of the city. SLC has more than met my expectations. It's hot here but not as hot as home. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Family History Center is practically next door to the Plaza. We couldn't go today because it closes early on Mondays. I'll be there bright and early tomorrow.Our room is quite nice. We snapped a few pictures of it before leaving to explore the area.


We strolled around Historic Temple Square which is the heart of the worldwide Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons). According to the brochure in our room, it is Salt Lake City's #1 tourist attraction and the 5th most visited tourist attraction in the USA. This place is awesome and it is totally free! There was so much to take in but not enough time in which to do it. I am going to try to go back on Thursday night so that I can see and hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in rehearsal. According to the information center, they rehearse most Thursdays from 8:00 - 9:30 p.m.




We ended our tour early because we wanted to get a bite to eat. JB's RESTAURANT was right next to the Plaza and the food was really good. Tonight's special was the "Chilli-Cheese Burger with all-you-can-eat-fries, soup, and all-you-can-eat fruit and salad bar. Today's soups were Chicken Noodle and Baked Potato with Bacon. After eating my soup and salad, I was too full to eat my burger and fries. I only had room left to eat ONE strawberry and it was delish! That's DH's plate on the left with the onions... mine is on the right and I had to get a to-go tray for it.



Now to find that exercise room downstairs...

No comments: